OPEN CALL 2018 HAS ENDED
The Festival of Instant Choreography has opened a call for applications to their program in 2018. The festival will be held on 27.-29.4. at Höyhentämö, Helsinki. The aim of the festival is to present new aspects of performance dramaturgy and to challenge the traditional ways of making and thinking choreography. Your proposal may be a light-structured performance, a demo, a workshop or an innovative audience-participatory concept. We are also looking for panelists to participate in a panel discussion with the theme “love and the human experience”. The festival offers a venue, technical resources and payments for performances, leading a workshop or a concept, and participating the panel discussion.
NOTE! As you are making your application, please pay attention to Höyhentämö’s spatial and technical restrictions. Proposals for spaces outside of Höyhentämö will be accepted gladly as well.
The performance application must include the following information:
– Title and maker(s) of the piece
– Description of the piece
– Number of people attending the festival and their job descriptions
– The artist’s/working group’s CV(s)
– Duration of the performance
– Technical needs
– Estimation of the set up and unloading times
– A link to the documentation of the piece
– Other material (trailers, pictures, texts)
– Workshop proposal, duration and content
– Anything else worth mentioning
– Contact person’s information (name, email, phone number)
Those applying to panelists should include:
– An explanation of why they want to be a panelist
– How they would approach the theme
Please send your application by email to ficfestival at hoyhentamo.fi by Friday 23.2.2018.
More information: ficfestival at hoyhentamo.fi
For technical questions, please turn to:
Juha Sääski juha.saaski at hoyhentamo.fi